Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday Funnies -
Go Ahead, Smile Out Loud

Can you believe it has been 23 days since I last posted on my blog? This is so unlike me. :D I have been pondering for three days now where I should even start. For now, I do a little Friday Funny and follow up with many, many updates and photos tonight and tomorrow.

Because it doesn't matter.

On a serious note: Why is it that women, strangers, particularly over the age of 30, find it necessary to point out that your child has their shoes on the "wrong" feet or that your child has their pants on the "wrong" way - as if it is a reflection of your parenting skills or lack there of? Because it's not the way you do it, is it wrong? As parents we hear enough whining, if the child were uncomfortable, clearly we would hear about it. Alright, I'm stepping off the soapbox.

Cam insists on doing everything herself...she is proud, regardless of the outcome. The other day when told that her Mommy takes care of her, she quickly interrupted saying, "No, I take care of myself." Of course she does. :)

Spending time with other children is an essential part of childhood. In doing this, we inevitably see what other children get away with and come right home to test our own parents. This was the case with Cambry during the first half of this week. She was displaying some rotten behaviors. Our trip to Target on Wednesday was a nightmare! A giant episode ended with her barreling (playfully yelling too) down the isle knocking down what seemed like 100 of these 'summer items.' I am uncertain as to how my body or face reacted. The only thing I could say, very seriously, was "Get in the cart." I finished my shopping and planned to talk about the issues in the car. As I was backing out of our parking space, she called to me. I answered, of course, and she said, "Thanks for not giving me a spanking...I know I needed it." Yes, you can laugh. I am not a perfect parent, and yes, she has had a spanking before - maybe twice - once for sure. It was not one of my prouder moments either. I just thought the self evaluation she made was hilarious.

Cambry has a new thing (for 3 - 4 months now) where if you don't know what she said, she will give you an example. She used to just repeat the word, enunciating more each time. For example, this past week she was asking a friend of my if she could type on her "Cunum-puter." My friend asked her to repeat the word. "Cunum-puter...you know, like Cunum." Oh, yes, we get it now. ;) Sometimes her examples don't make sense. So this week she was asking me for some type of cracker. Over the babies playing, I was not able to hear her. "Cream-cracker, you know, like the cream you put on your butt." I thought I did a pretty good job of keeping my post pregnancy needs to myself - guess not. Thankfully, I later found out she was referring to the cream we put on Boston's butt. Graham cracker is what she actually wanted.

My it feels good to have actually completed a blog post! Thanks for the therapy. :) Until later.

No comments: