Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Gram Takes on the Heat

After we returned home from Omaha, my mom came down to Houston to visit. This time it was actually hot...yeah, like 110 hot. I had to return the Traverse that week, uhhhh - I'm over it now though. :) It was really, really nice to drive a brand new car for 8 weeks. This was a first for me. I have never had a brand new car. We spent the whole day detailing both cars and preparing for the return. Cambry was thrilled (as you can tell - see below) to have the 'lady bug' car back.


Or was it that she was thrilled to finally be let behind the steering wheel? Ironically, after I returned the Traverse, the A/C quit working in my Equinox, again. I am knocking on wood as we speak. Although my car has recently been dubbed the 'holy car,' yes literally. Every time something goes wrong with it, it is due to a hole in that particular part. However, we have been new hole free for 3 1/2 months. Yeah! My Mom was a trooper, didn't complain about the heat even once, even when we drove 30 minutes to church without A/C. We even spent the whole day one day down at Hermann Park. This was a great experience for all of us!




One of Cambry's favorite things to do with Gram is to have a popcorn tea party.

Thanks for coming Gram! We can't wait to have you in Houston again.

No comments: