Sunday, May 3, 2009

Amoung My Favs

This weekend ended my friend Matt's week stay in Houston. I think he enjoyed himself, although Houston was not his favorite city. Saturday night Joe came home early from work - just for me :) and Matt and I hit the town. We had dinner at the original Carraba's downtown. Delicious! We shared mussels to start, and I had clam pasta for dinner. Seafood and Pasta...can it really get any better than that? Afterwards we headed over to the Toyota Center for the Fleetwood Mac concert. I was hoping to share some pics, maybe even a video. No such luck, they were not allowing photography or recording devices of any kind. I have never been to a live show where they didn't allow this, not even the Eagles. Stevie Nicks was beautiful and talented for a woman in her 30's...being that she is in her 60's she was phenomenal! A timeless goddess! Lindsay Buckingham can still rock it too, wow! We had a great time; I am thrilled that we were able to go. Thanks George! After the concert we stopped by a little pub to watch some live music, cover band style. This was my first time to a bar in Houston.

Just when you thought a day couldn't be better, along came Sunday. After spending the morning with the kids, I went to pick up Donni for massages at Massage Envy, courtesy of the Mommy Madness Promotion. I will let the video do the talking.


Joe had to go to work for a bit after I came home. Afterwords, he picked up Chinese food from Yao's. (Yes, the Rockets own Yao Ming has a place here in Houston that his parents run.) This is for sure my new favorite Chinese place. Try the curry shrimp.

Despite all the stress from financial burdens, our home in Omaha, and my lack of income, life has been really enjoyable lately. Joe works really had everyday for us (the kids and I) to be together at home, and experience life to the fullest. You're the best Papa Joe!

No comments: