Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday Funnies -
Go Ahead, Smile Out Loud

So a couple of weeks ago we hired a babysitter to watch the kids while Joe and I went out for his birthday. As usual, Cambry was be prepped / educated about the evenings events. After I had finished explaining this for what I thought was the last time, she said to me, "You take Boston and the babysitter with you. I will stay home by myself. I got this. I can handle it." (Word for word. I wrote it down and have been saving it to share.) And so it begins...

As we were in the check out lane the other night at the grocery store, we saw a man wearing a patch over his eye. "Look Mommy, a pirate!" (Of course she said it loud enough for even the man stalking milk in the diary department to hear.) I then explained to her what exactly a pirate is and that sometimes when people hurt their eye they need a patch to protect it. This does not make them a pirate even though their patch might look like what a pirate would wear. We paid and loaded everything into the car. While driving home she asked, "If I go home and hurt my eye, can I have a patch like a pirate would wear?"

Still struggling with my weight loss journey, I like to torture myself my 'weighing in' daily. Cambry caught eye of the event yesterday and asked me to do her. "What's my number?" she inquired. 30. She wanted Boston to be next. His number was 20. "What is your number Mommy?" 200. "Is that the BIGGEST number EVER?" Yes, it is. I will be on TV next week. (Thanks Donni)

1 comment:

Tabitha Blue said...

Hahaha, ok, I really did 'smile out loud.' I love the pirate story and don't you just love how kids tell it like it is... 'the biggest number ever', LOL.

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com