Friday, March 13, 2009

Children Bring Peace

Last night Cambry had the flu. Joe blew up a mattress so I could sleep next to her. After getting everyone settled and ready for bed, she and I lay there side by side (almost - her bed is quite low to the ground also). "Can I hold your hand Mommy?" she asked. *I melt.* This is something we used to do when she was younger. I would lay on the floor next to her, holding her hand through the rails of the crib, until she fell asleep.
I took her hand in mine. "Now you tell me if you need anything Mommy, a drink, or for me to cover you up, okay." she said. This coming from my little lady who just got done hugging the toilet for three hours. She is such a beautiful person! I lay there holding her hand thinking of her. I couldn't put into words how proud I am to be her mother. As I continued to reflect on who she is becoming, I remember this and thought I would share.
Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart. (Unknown)

No comments: