Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Gulf

On Monday Papa Joe had the day off, so we took a little road trip down to Galveston Island. It has been 7 months since hurricane Ike destroyed much of the city. We were amazed by the buildings that had been rebuilt as much as we were amazed by the damage to structures that had not yet been repaired. Once we got down to the water, I kept my disappointment to myself. I have only been to the ocean a handful of times in my life. The site of the Gulf of Mexico, just off of Galveston Island was not the ocean I know or have come to love. I walked to the water's edge, closed my eyes, and just listened. After hearing the waves crashing for a few moments, I decided it was going to be a great day. We built sand castles together as a family, walked along the beach, waded in the water, and soaked up the sun. Awww!

As promised, here are a couple of photos. My editing software is only functioning at a basic level right now (many updates and downloads to go), so I have just included a couple for now.


1 comment:

this mommy said...

I really love this shot of Joe and Cambry .... so perfect!